Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
***This Recipe is given 2 options on how you want to utilize the dish.***
3 cups water
1 tsp peppercorn (optional)
Salt & Pepper
2 Bay Leafs
1 tsp peppercorn
4 Chicken, Breast shredded
1 cup Mayo
¼ cup Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon preferred)
Lemon juice ( ½ Lemon)
1 Avocado, peeled and cut in quarters (4 pc)
1 Celery stalk, diced
½ Red onion, diced
1 ½ cup Cabbage, shredded
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup of tomatoes, diced
Fresh ground pepper
8 bread (to your desire)
8 American cheese slices (your desire)
1 Cucumber, thinly slice enough to form a circle.
1. Have all ingredients prepared, portioned and cut.*
2. In appropriate size pot, add your water, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
3. Add your chicken and cook for 20-25 minutes. Set aside and let it rest for 5 min.
4. Next, add your Mayo, Mustard, Lemon and whisk until smooth. Next add your Avocado, Celery, Onion, Dried Cranberries and cabbage. Make sure you mix well as you will notice the avocado to cream in to the mixture. Let it cool until you need it.
5. Shred the chicken preferably by hand or use two forks and pull away resulting in shredding. Incorporate the chicken and fold it in the mixture.
6. This next step is your choice:
a. Cucumber Salad
Thinly slice a cucumber (enough to form a circle). Wrap the cucumber and shape it by using Pastry cutters or you can mold a circle and apply some of the mixture in the edges to secure its shape. Fill the chicken mix in the cucumber shape. Add another scoop of chicken mix and serve with croutons, crackers or tortilla chips.
Toast the bread to your liking. Add a slice of your favorite cheese and scoop the chicken mix on top of bread.
Recipe provided by my friend Chris Orozco.
About Chris Orozco.
“I’m a sous chef waiting for an opportunity of one day running my own kitchen. I’m also a full time student going for my BA in Hospitality Management. My cooking style is Contemporary American and Barbeque but the limit is endless for me. I always had an appreciation and love for food. I recall my mom would always force us to do the dishes after dinner. I hated dishes, so I would cook by her side. That was the bond that both my mother and I had developed over the years. That is my goal, to make simple delicious recipes and build a relationship between food and people. So please enjoy yourself and hope we can build a relationship together.”